Subject: [Leica] shift happens
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri Aug 3 16:19:51 2007

Thanks, George, that was most interesting.

I remember, about 15 years or so ago, in the early days of the internet,
coming home early from work one day and watching our youngest (about 12
then) do his homework.  He had to write a paper about what was happening in
Zaire.  I had sort of a flash that it was somewhere in Africa.  He logged on
to the PC in my home office (I think I was using Dow Jones news then), did a
search, downloaded a few things, imported into a word processor and came up
with a paper in about 30 minutes.  The important thing was that he
understood what was going on in Zaire, and where it was.

It was just the tip of the iceberg.  But, I still can't bring myself to get
rid of the view cameras, and I still can't quite bring myself to haul all
the darkroom gear out to the curb, though that is the reality.  There is
almost no print product left in our extensive research library.  Given the
rate of change, it would be foolish to rely on anything other than instant
updating.

Ken

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] shift happens)