Subject: [Leica] shift happens
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Aug 3 16:30:14 2007

Yes. That is the important thing indeed. Hopefully he had the
supervision to ensure that he wasn't just cutting and pasting while
listening to music, playing a computer game, and "chatting" with
friends. A few times too many that became the case in my home. If you
asked the next day, "where is Zaire?" often they didn't remember. I
assume because in the high degree of their multi-tasking the paper
(or what ever project) was the lowest priority task.

Way back in the early sixties (well before computers) a teacher told
our class, "the important thing is not knowing the information, but
knowing where to find the information." I never forgot that line. He
was of course speaking about the use of "card catalogs, reference
books, library tools, interviews, etc." I wonder if he'd still agree;
when all one has to do is "google" or "wiki" and assume that you've
received all the reasonable answers to the question(s).

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] shift happens)