Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ira's PAW 30 - D-21
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Sun Aug 5 22:36:15 2007

The Lockheed D-21 was a Mach-3+ reconnaissance drone that was carried
piggy-back on an SR-71 Blackbird and launched at altitude.

This example was received at the March Air Museum a few weeks ago from
Edwards Air Force Base (so I was told, I believe it actually came from
Davis-Monthan in Arizona), and was completely covered  in preservative.

When I took this picture last Saturday, it had just been water-blasted to
remove the coating, revealing the date of construction - September, 1970.

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/2007+PAW/2007+PAW+30.jpg.html_

(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/2007+PAW/2007+PAW+30.jpg.html)

Tech stuff: Leica M4, 35mm 'cron, Provia 100F

As always, comments and critiques welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,

Ira Silverman
Irvine, CA

at