Subject: [Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed Aug 8 11:24:57 2007

On 8/8/07, Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net> wrote:

> How many of us Leica owners are also gun owners?

both

How many own more guns than Leicas?  How many own more Leicas than guns?

3 guns, 3 Leicas

How many of us shoot more pictures with Leicas than bullets from guns?

Many more pictures than bullets

Is there a natural affinity for lovers of precise machinery between Leicas
> and
> fine firearms?

My first firearm was an early  Walther P-38.  I loved the mechanicals of
it.  I then traded it for a Stainless PPK, like Bond, James Bond.

Now we have an old  12 gauge Ted Williams Shotgun, a Ruger10/22, and  a POS
22 pistol .   None of them fancy, but fun at the range.

Leicas include M8,  MDa, and an R8

--
Regards,

Sonny