Subject: [Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Aug 8 10:06:07 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 2:48 AM, Kyle wrote:

> Newsweek gathered the quotes -- they did a great job i think. it
> adds a whole 'nother dimension.
>
> and since doug said i could toot my own horn, i have discovered i
> currently have the best selling photo essay book on amazon.
>
> it's #8 in photography. behind some technical books on how to use
> lightroom and a book of portraits of oiled, shirtless new york
> firemen.

Kyle,

I just received my copy from Amazon this morning. It's a wonderful
book. My order may have boosted your rating up a fractional point.

I am pleased to note that as a card carrying member of the ACLU and a
liberal (Rockefeller) Republican, yes there are a couple of us still
left, I am not alone in owning several guns. My favorite material
possessions are a fully restored, bettter than new Leica 3c and a
beautifully engraved Grade 3 Browning 22LR. The walnut stock on the
Browning must be seen to be believed. They don't make furniture of
that quality anymore.

Now for the questions:

How many of us Leica owners are also gun owners? How many own more
guns than Leicas? How many own more Leicas than guns? How many of us
shoot more pictures with Leicas than bullets from guns? Is there a
natural affinity for lovers of precise machinery between Leicas and
fine firearms?

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex) ([Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas)