Subject: [Leica] IMG: B-58A Hustler
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Aug 12 16:33:57 2007

I was on a golf course in Oklahoma City, when I just happened to look up and
see a B-58 explode.  It seemed to take forever for the burning wreckage to
fall - I have no idea of the altitude.  Years later, my wife and I were in
New Mexico when a Blackbird took off, crossing the road in front of us,
pointed up and hit the gas.  What a noise.  I didn't know it then, but it
was necessary to get up to speed quickly so the joints would heat up and
keep the gas from spilling out.  Brave people who fly these things.

Ken