Subject: [Leica] visoflex iii, or Wholly Macro!
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Aug 15 13:55:51 2007

Welcome Pete.

Contrary to Jim's appraisal - I find the visoflex and M8 an elegant
solution to achieving high quality digital capture, most especially
when taking the time to do tripod work. The vibration free mirror
rise is an asset. Certainly a visoflex with long telephoto lenses is
a compromise when compared to an slr. However, in macro and copy work
it actually excels. I regularly use the visoflex with 50 lux asph, 60
R macro, 100 R Apo Macro, various enlarger lenses, etc. The results
are technically and occasionally aesthetically superb. And the
ergonomics a delight. The kit remains small and light; with macro
capability always in the bag. I need to find a 90û prism for my Viso
III - anyone have one they'd like to pass along?

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Message from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] visoflex iii, or Wholly Macro!)