Subject: [Leica] LeMans the movie on now
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Mon Aug 20 20:02:34 2007

Funny, I got Vanishing Point out of a bargain bin and
showed it to my Art History students last spring. I
hadn't seen it since it came out, and had forgotten
about the naked chick on the motorcycle. Overall, they
were entranced and stumped. I regularly show the chase
from Bullitt, but don't often show the whole movie.
Too many Antonioni type silences - funny how dated
some things can look now.

On another note I bought a bike at the beginning of
summer. More out of a wish to reduce carbon footprint
than for any lost youth reclaimation (I broke my knee
on a bike 30 years ago): an '84 Honda 500 v-twin
Ascot. No way I'm buying a Harley; America just
doesn't need more old farts on hogs.