Subject: [Leica] BULLITT and THE FRENCH CONNECTION and Cars
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Tue Aug 21 06:01:19 2007

What the hell is wrong with grits? In an Italian restaurant they'd be called
polenta and you'd pay $$$ for 'em. And what we call country ham is selling
in Spain for $2100 a leg.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/08/19/europe/EU-GEN-Spain-What-a-Ham.php

Rob McClure <rmcclure2@woh.rr.com> wrote:
  I am often torn between foreign and American goods. I was reared
mostly in redneck Kentucky, where I was surrounded by domestic muscle
cars as a youth and was a MoPar (Chrysler Corp) fanatic. However, my
parents were educated easterners, corporately transferred (exiled?) to
Kentucky. As a result, there was a strong bent toward classical music,
fine dining (not locally available unless you call grits "fine") and
travel. Therefore, my first car was a Renault R10 followed by various
Toyotas, TR6, MGB, Capri, Hondas and currently a BMW X3 and MINI. My
redneck ways still come to the surface, though, culminating in purchase
of the aforementioned Mustang 5.0. Conversely, with cameras (to get
somewhat on topic), I started with the basic Argus C-3 brick, followed
with a Canon FD kit, and then the ultimate, long-desired Leica M kit.

Regards,

Rob McClure

my father's development of the active ingredient in Head and Shoulders
shampoo as a research scientist with Olin Chemical Corp (he holds joint
patent)l

Rob McClure
Upper Sandusky, OH