Subject: [Leica] M8 Kaput update
From: cummer at netvigator.com (cummer@netvigator.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 08:09:22 2007

Hello Luggers,
First I want to thank all of you who contacted me both on and off the list
with advice and condolences. Your concern is much appreciated. Since there
is no Leica service in Canada without contacting New Jersey - and that
involves Canadian Customs - I bundled up the camera and sent it to Solms via
Canada Post Purolator. Canada Post is emailing me on a daily basis about
where the parcel is. I emailed Andrea Frankl of Leica Customer Service and
Kelvin Leung of Schmidt Hong Kong and explained that I wanted the repaired
or replaced camera sent to Hong Kong. Kelvin came back over night with an
acknowlegement and an apology and Andrea has responded this morning noting
the shipping details. So, my misfortune is turned into a test of Leica's
customer relations and so far so good. I am using my wife's Canon G7 to take
pictures and although it is not as pleaurable experience as shooting with
the M8 it is a competent little machine.
Cheers
Howard (in sunny Muskoka this morning).