Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Fri Aug 31 10:21:52 2007

At 31/08/2007, you wrote:
>Actually ther M8 is every bit as intuitive as the previous M's.  No
>real reason to read the manual at all.  Unless you cannot figure out
>how to charge the battery or put the SD card in.  Actually very
>similar to film in a M6 or M7, at least it is in the same
>location.  Only a couple of things to even set, DNG/JPG and ISO. The
>rest you can worry about a week or so after starting to shoot.  Heck
>downloading the digital images is simple.  Even I figured this thing out.
>
>Gene

You are right, Gene.  I had the pleasure of using a pre-production M8
for a couple of weeks, a year ago - well before it was introduced and
well before there was an instruction book for it!

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/M8.htm

The only non-intuitive bit was changing the ISO ... you simply press
SET rather than MENU, and when you lightly press the shutter button,
it sets the parameters.   A neat way to reduce the button count by
one, and as the ancient Japanese proverb says...  "Simple - when know how!"

Otherwise the camera is absolutely intuitive.  I hope the promised
R10 is as simple to use!

Cheers!
---

David Young,