Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Fri Aug 31 20:25:11 2007

Quoth the grduprey@mchsi.com :

> Why not just use low ISO, and stop the aperture down for a slow
> shutter to get motion in your pics?  Easy to do with the M8.  As to
> high contrast scene issues, you have the same issues with the M8 as
> any film camera, that is where the ND filters help.

Depth of field from here to eternity isn't always, or even often, the
look I want. If I want shots on my wall that look like Ansel Adams
took them, I'll go buy posters.  It's LOTS cheaper than DIY, in this
case.

All I was asking was whether the M8 in raw had the exposure latitude
to get me down to EI 40 type shutter/aperture/light level
combinations the way Velvia (or the 1DIIn) does, without blowing the
highlights completely out.  Separated from all the other (not
particularly helpful) answers the response seems to be a resounding
"maybe."

So I guess when I can put together the cash, I'll find out.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Re: M8 problems)