Subject: [Leica] M8 cleaning mystery
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Sep 2 21:35:10 2007

My Canon 1D II, which I bought second-hand in the fall of 2005, always
had a couple of pieces of gunk stuck on the sensor. I tried to blow them
away with compressed air (very carefully) but with no luck. I was not
willing to try any of the methods which require liquids or scrubbing the
sensor in any way. So I had reconciled myself to those two spots. They
were anyway only visible in blue sky conditions, something we do not
experience a lot in this part of the world.

But then a few months ago I tried Sensor Scope from Delkin. It is a
combination of very gentle brushes and a vacuum-cleaner, plus a powerful
loupe with a light so you can really see what you are doing. It is
gentle on the sensor and yet extremely effective--it removed those
stubborn spots from my sensor after one application.

It is not cheap, but since it works with every digital SLR and is not
used very frequently, it will last for many years. In that light, it is
not expensive.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman