Subject: [Leica] OT embarrassing and stupid action against public photography
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Sep 3 18:44:38 2007

I'm often reminded of this quote, variously attributed to Ben Franklin
or Thomas Jefferson:

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.

The terrorists are really winning because they have required our own
governments to take oppressive actions not otherwise considered.
Gibson got it right: "...his goal, to frighten you into surrendering
the rule of law. That's why they call him 'terrorist.' He uses
terrifying threats to induce you to degrade your own society."

The drooling idiocy of it all....

Adam