Subject: [Leica] Reminder to All--LUG Yearbook 2007
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu Sep 6 15:37:21 2007

Hope you're making lots and lots of great pictures this year.

A quarterly reminder that in early December I'll start seeking images for
the 2007 LUG yearbook.

Rules will be similar to those from last year:
1. Up to 2 images per person.  No more. To the LUG member who last year sent
me seventeen (count 'em, 17!) seven+ meg files and said, "I can't decide,
you pick two." I say, "This time, please, YOU pick the two and send them. Or
come to my house with a hazmat suit to clean out my C drive.
2. Images must be at least 1 meg .jpgs
3. Brief description including your name, title of image, and any technical
data.  If you need inspiration for this information, see the pdf preview of
the 2006 yearbook at blurb.com--Sonny Carter's picture caption information
was just fine.
4. If we have at least 30 participants, I'll produce the book. More
participation is always better.  The book can expand to up to 500 pages; we
used fewer than 200 last year, with eighty-six contributors.
5. The book will be made available for purchase in early January 2008.
Nobody is obligated to buy anything, nor will I care if one copy or 1000
sell.
6. For those who are thinking, "My pictures aren't good enough for a book,"
I say, "trust me, they're good enough.  If it's in focus (or not, if you're
artsy) and makes you happy, it's fine with me."

IMPORTANT NOTE: Unlike last year's book, this year please send ONLY images
produced during 2007.  You can use whatever Leica you want: a Barnack
camera, an M camera, an R camera, a Leica D100, a Leica E-Volt, a Leica EOS
300D, etc.

Do NOT send me any images before December!!!  Again, no images before
December.

For those who have given me the following lame excuses:
"I might forget, can you remind me?"
"I only read the digest, and I'll miss it."
My answer is: file away this reminder, and send me your two 2007 images in
December.

Keep shooting away!  Much more reflected light out there for your film
and/or sensors.

Best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA