Subject: [Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Sep 19 21:17:53 2007

> The L10 has been announced twow weeks ago, see http://tinyurl.com/34vl6t -
> nothing really new. Two new "Leica" zooms have also been announced (Leica D
> Vario-Elmar 14-50mm F3.8-5.6, Vario-Elmar 14-150mm F3.5-5.6 Asph). The new
> and
> slower 14-50 lens is much cheaper than the 14-50 2.8, which makes sense if
> you
> battle in the consumer entry level market. It would indeed be interesting
> know whether the D vario 2.8 will be kept in the product line. I guess so.
>
> The L10 a "prototype" for a potential R10? Not likely. The number 10 is
> just a
> coincidence. The L10 is 4/3 camera, and Leica will certainly not offer a
> four
> thirds R10. If there's one, it will most likely be engineered by Leica
> (like
> the M8) and have a bigger sensor (1.3x or 1.0x).
>
> The Leica/Pana 4/3 and P&S cameras are only a side business in the
> mid/lower
> consumer category. Leica only contributes some design components and has a
> few
> people involved in QC over there, but not more.
>
> Didier

I think Leica should make a digital XPan.

8/3'rds

4/3'rds times two.

So that the sensor is physically around 18x36mm
So existing glass would work with it.

I'd buy it!

If they used my exact number that's a one over two ratio like the Linhof 612
quite less wide than the XPan which is closer to 6x17 but that's what I like
and what I think works the best.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now)