Subject: [Leica] now that i know what's in your bag, i need a new one
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Sep 21 21:23:32 2007

> Crumplers seem to elicit two kind of responses: you love them or hate
> them. I am in the latter category when it comes to photo bags (sorry
> Hoppy). I really tried to like them, because I love the quirky web site,
> and the whole Aussie image of the company. But every time I have had
> one, I ended up selling it because I invariably found that it was way
> too big on the outside compared to what it could hold inside. Way too
> much protection. For my Olympus outfit, I use my all-time favourite, the
> Domke 803 with Kata dividers cut exactly to my taste; for the Canon
> outfit I use one of the new Presstop Billinghams, also with Kata
> dividers cut to taste. My beef with Billingham used to be that they were
> difficult to work out of, but the Presstop has changed that, and all the
> other attributes of the Billingham (great craftmanship, indestructible
> etc.) are still there.
>
> Having said the above, I bought my daughter a Crumpler bag for school
> this year, and it is very nice. Holds her books and papers, plus the
> school-issued 15 inch laptop. Similar to the Timbuk2 bag I use for the
> office every day.
>
> When I want to carry a lot of stuff, I use a large Domke bag (cannot
> remember the name) which is big enough to hold my Canon outfit plus
> papers plus the G4 Powerbook in the front pocket. But this is not a load
> to walk around with all day.
>
> Nathan

The problem with Crumpler is they don't Crumpler.

Too much padding.

Domke's rule.

At B&H all you see are the Ballistic ones.
The reason I finally got told is they think the canvas ones shed stuff into
your digital camera. I like both.
But its a mixed bag.

I think its good to have a gamut of sizes.

But I'm going ballistic. Starting to like the ballistic more than the
canvas.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com