Subject: [Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Sep 21 21:38:28 2007

> Don,
> In the next 5 years, there are three spots with meaningful numbers where
> wannabe buyers will be chasing luxury:
>
> 1. Russian rich (or mafia, one and the same)
> 2. China - already under way
> 3. India - just about starting
>
> As in all markets in times of asset appreciation, it is far easier to make
> money than retain it. Greed bankrupts 99% of the investors, who over
> invest,
> and are wiped out in a reaction. We will see after the bubble deflates,
> whenever it may be.
>
> Cheers
> Jayanand

Right now DSLRs I think are selling better than point and shoots.
To me that's good news because a DSLR has been my weapon of choice for a few
years now.
And I use pro level gear but am very fond of amateur level gear. Which
tonight I used.
Its very competitive so my choices are very good.
Amazing bang for the buck.

Leica needs to join it. With an 1.5 or close to it crop sensor or a full
frame sensor.
For its existing lenses.
I think its about to.
I think the camera is there and they're waiting to announcer it at just the
right time for the consumer thing to work out well for them.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com