Subject: [Leica] Leica R to EOS lens adapters
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Oct 14 06:02:03 2007

Gene,

With the Novoflex adapters I have you cannot remove the lens from the
adapter when it's mounted on the body, You can with the inexpensive
brand. But it depends on which one you buy, there are a few different
ones. I also found the inexpensive adapters loosen up easily,
especially when you use heavy lenses. The problem is their tensioning
device is a slit in a piece of metal that has been spread apart. The
metal is too soft. The only adapter I found which is robust enough
for day to day use with my long Telyts is the Novoflex. But it's big $
$$. I have two of them. One stays on my 560mm Telyt, the other I use
when I want to use one of my other R lenses.

As for AF assist, it would be very welcome. Unfortunately Canon
bodies only give the AF assist when canon lenses are used. This is a
drawback to Canon. The Nikon bodies give the focus confirmation dot
no matter what you put on it, bellows, preset lenses, whatever. I
have heard there are problems with the focus confirmation adapters so
be careful. Until I hear they are foolproof I won't get  one.

Good Luck,
Len