Subject: [Leica] Leica R to EOS lens adapters
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans#2)
Date: Sun Oct 14 08:37:04 2007

I guess that would be true if you were mixing Canon and Leica lenses.  If
you are always using Leica lenses just leave the adapter attached tothe
camera full time and exchange the lens just like it was an R body.  That is
what I do.  So, one adapter, with focus confirmation, of course, is all you
need .  Also, a wise investement is the Nikon eyepiece magnifier DK21M that
also fits the
EOS Canon bodies.  It really makes manual focusing on those small, dim EOS
viewfinders much easier.

Only real problem I am having, that no one mentioned before I bought my
Canon, is that as you meter in either manual mode or aperature priority
mode, when you stop the lens down the camera meter does not respond in a
similar fashion.  The more you stop down, the more it overexposes the image.
 I have to use the +/- override to compensate. Why that is I am not sure.
Doesn't seem to matter if I am using an f-2 or f-2.8 or f-4 lens.  It meters
fine wide open, but I have to compensate when I stop down.  Rather
frustrating.

Aram

Message: 24