Subject: [Leica] Hoppy does Barcelona - first report
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Oct 23 04:33:27 2007

On 10/22/07, Steve Unsworth <lug@steveunsworth.co.uk> wrote:

> One of the possible venues is Barcelona, but some people seem concerned
> about low level street crime - pick pockets etc. Did you feel unsafe or
> venerable why you were in Barcelona?

Steve,

My 18-year-old daughter was in Barcelona a few months ago for a whole
week. It was her first trip out on her own. She had heard this too
(pick pockets, etc).

So she didn't take her Pentax DSLR, but a compact Canon instead.

She was really upset with herself. The reports of pick pockets wasn't
anything she had to concern herself with once she was there.

My wife ran in to some Rumanians standing around ATM:s and tried to
make off with her 50 Euro bill, but she grabbed her, confronted the
old lady and got her money back.

I doubt that the pick pocket situation is worse than any other major
city. The days when you could walk around Europe (at least walk around
in the big cities) without worrying about this kind of thing is over.
Barcelona is no worse than anywhere else.

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Hoppy does Barcelona - street crime)
Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Hoppy does Barcelona - first report)