Subject: [Leica] Re: New to scanning and Mac was mac upgrade
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Tue Oct 23 19:25:36 2007

One thing I've learned from using my new iMac is that Epson has not quite
got their drivers up to par for Intel Macs. That's Epson
related so Mac support may not be able to help.

Forget firewire with the iMac, I'm using USB 2 with my Epson R2400 printer
and it's more than fast enough.

While I'm still using an Epson 3200 scanner, I use the Silverfast software,
then output to PS. I use Lightroom for wedding editing
so I've yet to use it for any scanning images. I've always found the
Silverfast software easier to use than the Epson software.
Different strokes..........

I recommend purchasing some books from B&N or Amazon.

Chris