Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Kurdish Men
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Wed Oct 31 18:51:44 2007

Great example of how black and white captures the soul, while color
captures the clothes. I'm quoting someone there but don't remember who.

The SRT-101 was my daily sidekick on my first job here in Eureka for
KIEM-TV. I would load the bulk Ektachrome into cassettes, shoot the
color slides for commercials, develop them with Nikkor tanks and E-6
chemistry, iron them into the cardboard slide mounts, and then later
in the day, insert them into the TV color film chain and pulse the
slides at the on-air control board. Did I mention Eureka was (and Is)
considered a very small market television area? I experienced the
golden era of 1950's television firsthand by working at Channel 3
here in the 70's!

I think the Minolta lens was the 50 (or 55?) f1.4, and it was sharp
enough stopped down a bit. Your portraits do seem soft - did you
check the negs with a loupe to see if the softness was in original or
in the scan? For the subject matter, the b&w contrast on my monitor
looks perfect.

Gary Todoroff

Replies: Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] IMGS: Kurdish Men)