Subject: [Leica] WTB: DR or Rigid Summicron mount
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Fri Nov 2 17:02:22 2007

Contact Don - he probably has the part for you:  www.dagcamera.com

Vick

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+vick.ko=sympatico.ca@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+vick.ko=sympatico.ca@leica-users.org] On Behalf Of Peter
Klein
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 7:33 PM
To: lug@leica-users.org; leica@freelists.org

Wanted to Buy:

Does anyone have a DR Summicron with missing, broken, or otherwise unusable
glass? If so, would you be willing to sell it to me for a reasonable price?
You can keep the lens head. Appearance doesn't matter as long as the mount
works well.

WHY:  The DR Summicron is one of my favorite lenses.  Unfortunately, it
can't be used on the M8 without cutting off the close-focus cam.  I would
rather not do that to the original mount. So I am hoping to pick up a second
compatible mount that I could get "altered" for the M8.

What also might work: A Rigid Summicron mount whose original lens head had
the number "19" scratched somewhere on the black inner barrel (only visible
if you unscrew the lens head). This would probably work without alteration.
But given conflicting information I've received about compatibility, I'd
want to try a Rigid mount before committing to buy it.

Yes, I know I could sell my DR and buy a Rigid, but would rather not. Yes,
I've been watching That Auction Site.

Thanks!
--Peter