Subject: [Leica] 16-16-15 lens comparison
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 4 18:21:29 2007

I have a 25mm color Scopar CV lens. Its uncoupled. Its tiny, cheap and f4.
I get great results with it. It stays on a Bessa L. I think the lens cost
250 USD.

I also have a 24mm 2.8 Elmarit for my M's.
Its fast, f2.8 and cost a ton of money.
new now I see its 3 grand.
Its at least twice the size of the CV f4. (Cosina Voigtl?nder)
At last twice the weight.

But also twice the "speed". So that evens things out in terms of the ease
its going to make a quality image. They have to jump through hoops to make
it a marketable f2.8.

If I have a quality thing which is architectural or close to it I'm going to
use for sure the high priced spread.

If I have a mile to walk before I get there I'll use the Econo-cruiser.
And surreptitiously snap;
Where no man has snapped before.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com