Subject: [Leica] ach tung! armed america in germany - translation in progress
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Nov 5 07:55:21 2007

Hoppy,
I'm trying to fit the two articles in between other jobs, but my
agencies seem to have an idea that my time and availability are limitless.
Here's how far I got:

/*"Kyle Cassidy travelled across the USA and photographed his fellow
Americans with their weapons.*

The country is armed to the teeth. Every second family in the USA owns
pistols or rifles, 270 million firearms lie in cupboards or the drawers
of bedside-tables.  Kyle Cassidy (40), photographer from Philadelphia,
travelled his home country for 2 years to find answers to the question
"Why do you own a firearm?".
Hunters and wannabe mafiosi provided their answers, as did fathers
merely wishing to protect their children. For Cassidy's illustrated
book, "Armed America" (Krause Publications, 30 USD) they posed with
arsenals big enough for a military action. Besides arms freaks in
camouflage with a mean look, Cassidy also photographed smiling parents
with their lapdogs, children and stores of weaponry. "
/
More to come when I get around to it.

Cheers
Douglas