Subject: [Leica] 16-16-15 lens comparison
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Nov 5 15:34:27 2007

> 2007-11-05-15:55:31 Mark Rabiner:
>> No ones weighed in on how the 14mm 2.8D ED Nikkor is supposed to stand up
>> which i've been using. I'm going to check again right now but so far I've
>> not found a nay sayers in cyberspace.
>
> Yeah.  At the fredmiranda site (sounds like one of those government loan
> programs: Freddie Mar)
>

> http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=52&sort=4&cat=12&pa
> ge=1
>
> only four people own up to having one, but not a one of them will say
> anything bad.

I hope Fred shoots with a Miranda. And if not why not!?! Eugene Smith shot
with one!

Coincidently I clicked on his site last night for the first time ever and
they were reviewing the Nikon digital full frame DSLR! Wow I thought they re
introduced it! Why don't if they can make a chip for Leica maybe they can
make a chip for themselves?!
And I kept looking for a date on the thing. The results looked real noisy
though at ISO 200. Looked like 1600.
Then I searched for the name of the thing and finally found it it was
referring to the one which had died 5 years or more ago.

Having just been to Rochester I was pulling for Kodak.
Its a lonely looking building!

But cool looking!

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com