Subject: [Leica] New supermart in town
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Nov 8 22:03:12 2007

On 6-nov-2007, at 4:09, Ken Carney wrote:

> Up until a few years ago, we had a place called "The Landing".  It
> had three
> catfish ponds, fish pellet fed but tasty.  There were sandy beaches
> with
> chairs and umbrellas, and the cocktail waitresses came around as
> needed.  At
> the end of your stay, they cleaned the fish and packed them for
> you.  They
> were delicious.

The fish or the waitresses?

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Spanish supermarkets have wonderful fish counters, with lots of fresh
fish arranged almost like at the market I showed last week, but a bit
more organized. I will try to grab some shots over the weekend.

In Poland, people like to buy live carp at Christmas time, either in
outdoor markets, or at the local supermarkets. The local Tesco and
Carrefour in Wroclaw, where my sister lives, have large tanks full of
them. You can take it home live or have the shop kill it for you.
Part of the genius of Tesco is that they manage the balancing act
between being unmistakeably British while still adjusting to local
tastes.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com