Subject: [Leica] OT - CS3 Upgrade Purchase
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Nov 9 02:10:01 2007

I'm not shure if it stays upgradeable in UK for future versions if you buy
it in overseas. Registering is optional anyway, but if you want to apply a
free program update (like 10.0 to 10.1) registration is required, afaik.

I had also upgraded CS2 and Studio 8 to CS3 and was quite disappointed by
Adobe's price politics. Non US versions cost significantly more
(german/swiss CS3 Upgrade +25% compared to US version, taxes not included).
Looks like the international clients of Adobe have to subsidize the US
clients, as the translation costs can impossibly be as big as the price
Adobe adds.

By the way I had to upgrade the full package though I only wanted to upgrade
Flash and Photoshop. But one can't upgrade single products anymore if they
were bought in a bundle.

Adobe has become a sucking monopolist in some terms.

Didier