Subject: [Leica] OT: Fixing radioactive lenses
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Nov 9 08:32:28 2007

Joseph,

I have never been sure how to distinguish the lens model.  My  lens is
engraved Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1:1.4/50 and the SN is 5720518. Also,
ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN.  On the back of the Manual/Auto slide is the number
37902.

If you can enlighten me as to its characteristics, I would very much
appreciate it.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA