Subject: [Leica] Nobody knows the trouble I've seen . . .
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Sat Nov 10 07:22:17 2007

I have the same problem as you with electronic cameras. To me they
are disposable cameras to begin with, so I don't invest too heavily
in them. I also seem to manage to find virtually any peculiarity,
physical or firmware, that sends them to the service dept. at least
twice within the warranty period, and once outside it before I sell
them. As the basic service cost is somewhere between 20-38% of the
retail cost (as they are price fixed) of the unit itself, only one
fix is justified.
Maybe you should consider a 'wait and see' until the next Photokino.
I suspect that there are more M mount platforms, this time in
digitial media, coming our way which won't insult our intelligence
and abuse our wallets.

Slobodan Dimitrov