Subject: [Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 11 02:24:59 2007

> This is something I figured would eventually happen.... Auto ASA.....
>
> In reality, it is a programmed version of AE, with a twist.
>
> Next feature is auto-HCB.... it automatically knows the decisive moment.
>
> Nice story Ted..... Sounds like you had a really good day as well!
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net
>

> I found the ASA setting
> rather interesting because you can set the ASA on automatic and the camera,
> depending on light level conditions, will automatically select the required
> ASA for successful exposures. Or you can set your ASA manually as required.

This is a thing which I depend on and have been pushing on the LUG.
Both Nikon and Canon (in turn) have it and I mentioned I'd not get a camera;
specifically the M8 without it.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8?)