Subject: [Leica] Comparing Scanning vs. Duplicating
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 11 17:48:07 2007

> At 06:22 PM 11/11/2007, you wrote:
>> I spent half my life in college playing with the Webster College Honeywell
>> Repronar. A duping system with a camera on top of a box.
>>
>> http://www.butkus.org/chinon/honeywell_repronar_805/honeywell_repronar.jpg
>>
>> http://66.49.230.119/pentax_pdf/honeywell_repronar-1.pdf
>>
>> I'd recrop and lighten or darken slides.
>> Do sandwiches. All kinds of funny things for much college credit.
>> Spent so much academic time with the thing and wondered how life would be
>> when I graduated and didn't have use of the thing. I'd never be able to
>> afford one or find one in the real world I knew.
>>
>> Mark William Rabiner
>
> That's exactly like the Beseler Slide Duplicator and there's on on
> eBay right now for $35.  I paid over $500 for mine many years ago. :-(
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley
> ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
> http://www.tinamanley.com

A guess a digital slide duplicator would bad called a scanner.

I'm surprised scanning Kodachrome has not gotten easier.
I was under the impression people had figured that out with the last
generation of film scanners. And the software involved.
I was assuming it was quite doable with my super Coolscan 5000.
Could this kind of thing be very software involved?

I also think I'm noticing the last generation of film scanners seems to be
the LAST! The prices are going down and the models are not upgrading. From
all I've noticed.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com