Subject: [Leica] Re:My 1st IIIc purchase
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Mon Nov 12 20:06:43 2007

Few years ago:

IIIc w/ 50 3.5 Elmar - $50

No leatherette covering, missing 1 front VF cover, shutter destroyed, RF
off, lens foggy, aperture stiff

3 - repairs later and around $450 later still a light leak even with new
shutter curtains

Little research, hey this IIIc is a IIIcK and the lens may have originally
come with camera! Okay money not quite down the

4th repair from the good folks in Canada - light leak fixed! Ouch those duty
fees hurt!

Camera sold for $800, lens kept til this day.

Chris