Subject: [Leica] Just what does EX on *bay mean anyway?
From: iilbz at yahoo.com (DL)
Date: Tue Nov 13 15:15:40 2007

Hi Vick,

    I guess you are not alone.  I just had a similar experience.  The lens
was described great with pictures but actually letter paintings were all
smeared.  I do not know what happened during transportation but came in like
that.  The seller of course claims that he did not send one like it.  Good
thing is that the seller is willing to take it back blaming that I did it
and threatening me that he would file it with *Bay.

  Regards,
  David

Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> wrote:
  I just received a lens from a reputable store that held a recent auction on
the *bay.

The lens was described as "EX" with a "slight mark" on the lens.

I just re-read the description of the "slight mark" on the lens.

The slight mark is a surface gouge that is over 1/8 inch long and is 1/2
inches from the rim - i.e. not close to the edge.

And there are additional defects on the lens, particularly that the lens
surfaces are full of cleaning marks and there is something loose inside the
lens. In fact, it sounds like a lens element is loose.

So is that "EX" to you?

The auction states "no return".

Is there any recourse?

..Vick