Subject: [Leica] New Website
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Wed Nov 14 10:35:16 2007

Hi Tina,
Over here, it pops up in less than a second 'till first image. So no
problem there.
Default image transition is too fast ATM: not enough time to see ?nd
read. I would not do default transition anyway.
Text captions should be aligned left instead of centered to improve
readability.
Best is to put them on a pos on neg field. (less eye fatiguing to read)
Even better is to put the full caption below the photo but in the
framing in a neutral typeface, newsagency style.
  This way, you'll indicate the photodocumentary value of these images.
I would just add your name and ? in small at the bottom of the photo.
Both horizontal en vertical are good.
For real copyright protection purposes: hide a few predetermined
pixels in your photos.
But in full screen mode, the images' res. is too low to show the
quality of your shots.
And there should be better templates and interfaces than SmugMug's
for a professional image collection like yours.
Philippe

Op 14-nov-07, om 15:46 heeft Tina Manley het volgende geschreven: