Subject: [Leica] History of a flirting
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Thu Nov 15 19:57:18 2007

At a crazy moment early in Basset rescue, I had fourteen for a day or
two in transit and the girls came to bail me out. No mas. Loco. "A
man just has to know his limitations." -Dirty Harry

Oh they're not stubborn, nor are they disrespectful. They are just
utterly convinced of their own righteousness in the moment...and know
who has the food.  Meals here are before six pairs of envious eyes
(Summi, a blind 12 yr old Basset, had her eyes removed. She is a
'permanent foster'; we provide 'retirement homes' for the oldest and
neediest that nobody will adopt.) A cheeseburger at the drive-thru is
always a treat. I never hear "can't you ever take me somewhere nice?"

No non-bite history Basset Hound, regardless of age or veterinary
need, has been left to die in a pound or shelter anywhere in West
Virginia for four years now.

Road trip Saturday to pull a 9 yr old Basset from a shelter in
Buckhannon, WV.  Leash and Leicas ready.

"Please don't trip over the guard dogs."

Charlie

Oh, I'd miss the Bassets before I left the city limits.  The
senoritas will have to be photographed by Luis.

On Nov 15, 2007, at 9:14 PM, Ric Carter wrote:

> you are a brave man, topped only by a dear (and now gone) friend
> who had 12 of those loving and disrespectful pups.
>
> my basset was so astonished to see a dog that looked like him.
> Dolly became his girl friend for some time.
>
> ric
>

> On Nov 15, 2007, at 9:03 PM, Charlie Meyer wrote:
>
>> seven Basset Hounds?

Charlie Meyer
West Virginia Coordinator
Basset Rescue of Old Dominion, Inc. (BROOD)
Droolassic Park
Keyser, WV

Basset Hound Rescue: Work With Women. Pick Up Dogs.

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] History of a flirting)
Message from charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer) ([Leica] History of a flirting)
Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] History of a flirting)