Subject: [Leica] Forget Prius, buy a bike
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Nov 16 21:35:16 2007

This is, partly, an issue of what he might be choosing to wear. I
don't commute (obviously) with my bike but if I did I'd wear only
natural fibers - none of the synthetics - and do a bit of washing when
I got to my workplace since I do perspire pretty well.

Doug, do you ride your bike to work? I don't remember but somehow I
think you do from time to time?

I have a very serious road bike and a semi-serious "city" bike with
regular pedals that I ride around town when changing shoes is too much
of a pain. My serious bike is a Seven Cycles bike, sort of the Leica
of bikes maybe? Titanium frame, the whole bike setup for road riding,
not racing, not touring, with the requirement to be reliable and the
frame designed for my knees and for rough-road riding. compared to my
Felt F75 it's AMAZING.

Someone computed that a cyclist gets about 128 MPG or so - it depends
on speed etc and, of course, what you eat.

I ride about 30 - 40 miles a day now and love every  moment of it.

Adam