Subject: [Leica] looking for a photograph - berlin 1961
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Nov 18 16:43:44 2007

Okay, google has been of no use in locating this image -- I know that YOUR
collective knowledge is much more useful, so i'll give you the google search
terms i used (and which produced no useful results, other than a photo of a
not-so-unattractive young lady playing a flute) and see if you can find me
a) the image, b) the photographer c) the story behind the photograph. bonus
points to all if you know what equipment it was taken with.

Think of it like Quizzo, but without the free beer at the end (okay, if you
figure it out and i ever run into you, i'll buy the beer). This is what I
told google:

berlin, checkpoint charlie, 1961, photograph, boy, soldier, reach, barbed
wire

What photo am I looking for?

I shall now sit back and await my next digest with 40 messages titled "re:
kyle cassidy's vast ignorance of famous leica photos astounds me"

danke!

kc

Replies: Reply from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] looking for a photograph - berlin 1961)
Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] looking for a photograph - berlin 1961)