Subject: [Leica] Links on the LUG:Brian
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Nov 20 05:43:10 2007

If the <> around a URL make it so you cannot click on it without cut/paste,
then you have a defective email reading program.

The purpose of the <> characters is to signal to a mail-reading program that
the thing between them is a URL and that it is OK for there to be a line
break there. So

  <http://what
    ever>

should work fine. If there is no danger of a line being broken, then there
is
no need to put the <> characters there. If their presence make it so that
you
cannot click on it, then you should file a bug report with the authors of
your email program.