Subject: [Leica] IMGS - Below the National Gallery
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sat Nov 24 14:33:54 2007

Thanks for your comments, Ted, I agree. It was close, but as they say
around here, that only counts when throwing horseshoes.

You are right:  I was standing near the unfolding scene with a 28mm lens
on my M8.  I didn't feel comfortable barging over to get a close up.  It
would have destroyed the dynamic (and perhaps my reputation if the adult
got concerned and called for help).  Even wide open, with the 28mm I
could not throw the background adequately out of focus.  My back was
hurting and I didn't crouch down as I should have. I tried various crops
but there is too much distraction in the scene.

Here, btw, is the full frame before cropping:

http://leica-users.org/v36/msg04036.html

Phillipe, I did try it in b&w but it didn't feel right to me.  I think
the color is what would have made it a good shot if I could have got the
rest of it right.

Fortunately, as Ted points out, there will be another time.

Practice practice practice!

--Bob

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMGS - Below the National Gallery)