Subject: [Leica] Amazon.co.uk recommends "Leica Lens Compendium" and more
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Nov 28 05:41:34 2007

Matthew,

I like Erwin Puts Compendium. I refer to it often.

I have the Leica Collector's Guide by Dennis Laney. It is excellent
so I would expect anything written by him to be good. I don't have
any of the other books you mention except for the one by Gunter
Oster. It's a good overview of the M system.

The lens data in all the books should apply to the M8. Of course
performance like vignetting and corner sharpness will improve with
the M8.

Since most of these books are maybe 3 or more years old the more
recent lenses will not be included. You can read Edwins reviews on
these on his site.

<http://www.imx.nl/photo/>

Len