Subject: [Leica] war paint portraits
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Nov 29 11:39:46 2007

i'm very happy with this one

http://www.kylecassidy.com/warpaint/temp/jeremy.jpg

the simple magic of a softbox -- really.

"Between my two deployments I did my back piece -- a large tribal
phoenix -- it was a difficult time frame for me -- I felt very displaced
coming back from my second tour -- reality was so much better there --
the sun came up, you woke up, you did your work for the day -- there
wasn't so much ... clutter, or distractions -- once you did your work,
the sun goes down, you go to sleep and you get up the next day and do it
all over again.

Coming back here, the lights, the sounds, were so much more intense. So
many more factors that are bombarding you all of a sudden -- I felt out
of place and was dealing with some difficult times -- one of the reasons
I wanted to get a phoenix was because of it's deep, meaning --
internationally, with many cultures -- the idea of rebirth...."

Sgt. Jeremy Willett, USMC

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] war paint portraits)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] war paint portraits + OT What am I to say)
Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] war paint portraits)