Subject: [Leica] OT Who am I to say
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Nov 29 14:02:55 2007

George Lottermoser offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Who am I to say

>>someone emailed me off-list to let me know that he considered my flurry of
posts "spam." <<<

Hi George,

Never mind the mentally disturbed morons for they have no meaning to our
group and family. After all at this point in time we don't have "censorship"
as long as it says polite and useful and family language.

Along your point. Sometime ago when I did more posting and critiquing,
"hopefully in assisting to make the poster a better shooter."

I received an off line comment: " Who the hell are you to tell others how to
do their pictures? And what experience and who gives you the right to say
anything because you're a faceless name only!"

Okkkkkaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! I've been put in my place! And I never saw the name
ever again. Not that I recall seeing it anywhere earlier. But when one
receives a message of that sort all you have to do is remember there are
some extremely empty headed brainless impolite SOB's in the world. Blow it
off and remember what you've done as a successful photographer during a half
century of published work.

So do what you were always doing because the family know you are and were
helping and assisting everyone. We all continue to learn no matter how long
we've been doing it. Carry on mon ami, carry on! :-)

ted

On Nov 29, 2007, at 10:02 AM, wrote:

> A month or two back, when I was attempting to comment,

> intelligently, on every one's photographs,

> Since then I've felt a bit "rocked." I'll either comment off list

> or, more often, not comment at all; unless I feel that my comments

> may have some usefulness to the group as whole.

> It feels kind of weird; because I really appreciate, and learn a

> bit, from the comments on my posts; have to assume that others feel

> the same.

> Discovering the balance in this boat can be a challenge at times.

> Occasionally waves come along and one or two folks fall out or jump

> ship.

> They're almost always "missed." Balance must be reestablished.

> And they're always welcomed, and pulled aboard, when they swim back

> to the gunwales.

> I'll just take this opportunity to thank Capt. Brian,

> and all you LUG sailors

> for keeping this voyage on an even keel,

> at a time when the seas of this world

> seem awfully rough.

> Bottom line: This list takes a lot of time.

> Every minute adding to an international comradeship.

> Seeing the images and reading about all the ports you all have visited

> has enlarged my view of the world.

well put George...

this is also true for me...

one persons spam is another person's caviar...

please revert to former misbehavior,

thanks,  Steve