Subject: [Leica] WAS... OT Who am I to say NOW M7 METERING. :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Nov 29 16:15:09 2007

Ric Carter
Subject: IMG: Re: [Leica] OT Who am I to say

Ted always touts the M7 meter. I think this one proves it.

Beth in the Cloud Chamber
Single exposure--no photo trickery or photoshop funny business.
M7, Elmarit 21, Reala

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/PAW+2007+and+1982/47/47-
be.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/269zyy>

Hi Rick,
Given this shot of yours isn't an everyday outside high noon sun when it's
pretty well a piece of cake for any metered camera to get a reasonable
exposure, it's a great example to blow at with an M7. ;-) And you're
perfectly correct that your photo illustrates the uniqueness of this
particular camera's metering system.

It's this kind of lighting situation when you have the ASA set and camera
ready when you say to yourself. "Oh Jeeeeessss look at that!"  Camera up,
focus, click and never blink an exposure eye because you know the M7 is
going to make it right!

And I'll go head to head with anyone on how well this metering system is
about as perfect as possible.

And if anyone doesn't believe me, then go to your local book store buy a
copy of my book in all beautiful B&W available light as you see it
happening, "Women in Medicine. A Celebration of Their Work!" Published by
FireFly Books.

During the shooting of this book I shot 500 rolls of 36 exp. Tri-x ASA 400
set at ASA 800 with 3-M7's on AE lock or whatever it's called and never lost
a frame to bad exposure. I never at anytime thought about exposure other
than in the view finder it was slower than 1/15th. If it did I opened the
aperture and kept right on clicking away. So dang easy! :-)

It worked so well if there was clutter in the background and I was using the
Noctilux it was a no brainer getting rid of clutter. I just spun the
aperture ring wide open without looking because the ring can't go any
further and it's click click pictures to your hearts delight and everything
is beautiful. :-)Without a moments thought about exposure!

Question my claim? Hey go buy the book and see the truth for your self! :-)

ted