Subject: [Leica] Copying Gauge Lens Question
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Nov 30 15:58:11 2007

Hi list. I recently got a Copying Gauge for fun and to preserve another cool
Leica historical gadget.
The model is BOOWU-M 16526 H. It has three adaptor/spacers with four screw
in legs. The idea was/is for copying fixed area documents
or similar.
The one I got is in M mount and the spacers bayonet to my M bodies. However
the side to accept the lens has a smaller, different
bayonet. I expected it to accept a normal M mount 50mm. I am familiar with
the visoflexes, that use screw thread lens heads without
their focusing section and mount. Is this a similar idea?
If so, which older 50mm lenses have this removable lens head with a small
bayonet on it? Or do they have a thread like the Visoflex
lens I have?
My references mention an UOORF bayonet adaptor. This looks to be small
bayonet to the spacer and screw thread to the lens head. But
the instruction leaflet says that some 50mm lenses bayonet directly to the
spacers???

You Leica goodies experts, (Marc, I'm thinking of you!) what am I missing
here, literally or figuratively???

Cheers, Geoff
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/

Replies: Reply from ekowaleski at twmi.rr.com (Ed Kowaleski) ([Leica] Copying Gauge Lens Question)