Subject: [Leica] Leica Financials - M8 saves the day.
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Dec 2 07:45:29 2007

Well, I never said that Leica would die, only that its long-term
future would be as part of a larger camera/optics group. I stand by
that. The results for this year look great, but there was also a lot
of pent-up demand for the M8. As Leica themselves say in the press
release, a continuation of the positive trend is dependent on
successful new products and restructuring (I assume the latter means
moving manufacturing out of Germany to the extent this has not
already been done).

Nathan