Subject: [Leica] The 2007 LUG Yearbook Starts NOW! The Official Simple "Rules"
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun Dec 2 09:05:40 2007

Hope you've been keeping your images for 2007.  NOW is the time that I'm
starting to gather images for the LUG 2007 yearbook.  I will do so
throughout the month of December.

Here are the simple rules:

1.       This will be a standard size Blurb book, 10x8 inches horizontal.
For more information about technical specifications visit the blurb.com
website at www.blurb.com

2.       Each participant can submit up to two images.  These must be a
minimum of 1meg size in .jpg format.  DO NOT SEND MORE THAN TWO IMAGES,
PLEASE!  It's your choice-I'm a complier, not a photo judge.  You can submit
images in either monochrome or color.

3.       The images can be made with any "Leica" you wish, from an M8 or
IIIf or CL to the "Leica"EOS, "Leica" E-1, "Leica" R3a, etc.    In other
words, I'm not fussy about the camera-but the image.

4.       IMPORTANT CHANGE:  All images submitted must have been made during
the year 2007!!!!  No "golden oldies", please!  Since we're now officially
doing annual yearbooks, let's keep the images to this year.  You've been
warned (at least quarterly) on this list to start making images for the 2007
yearbook.

5.       Send your images to jshul@comcast.net   DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST!!!

6.       Include any title and tech data with your image.  For instance it
could be:  "Canadian Sunset", M3 Summicron 50 with Adox 25 film.  Or
"American Sunset", M8, Summilux 35 at ISO 1600.  Also include the version of
your name that you wish to appear in print!

7.       All images due by December 31, 2007.  That means you!

8.       I will reply to all who have sent images, with confirmation of the
caption.  If you do not receive confirmation, it means that I have not
received your images!

9.       If I have at least thirty participants by December 31, 2007 I will
produce the book.

The book will be made available through blurb.com; those who wish to
purchase a copy may do so.  Those who do not wish to purchase a copy may
elect to do that as well.  Doesn't matter to me-it does not cost the LUG (or
me) anything irrespective of copies sold.  Last year's book sold for $47.95;
this year's book should be about $48.95 before shipping.

Note: this year blurb.com has a European print partner, so EEC shipments can
be made directly and for a vastly lower fee than last year's production.
Those in Asia should check blurb.com to see if they have added a print
partner there.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE A BOOK TO SUMBIT IMAGES!!!  Submission is
completely free.

Our charitable cause:  only $28 accrued this past year for the Homeless
Shelter fund.  I've personally rounded that off to $100 and will send them a
check this week.  So, for this year I'm avoiding the charitable instinct and
just going with a $1 surcharge (since it's the only way to track LUG sales,
by having a "profit".)  If you wind up in Philadelphia, I'll buy the drinks
<g>.

Best,

Jim Shulman

Bryn Mawr,PA