Subject: [Leica] Question on OLD 35mm
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Dec 7 18:13:29 2007

Phil,

I reloaded standard Kodak cartridges back in the 50s, and shot both that and
commercial loads with no such problem in Leicas and other 35s of the day.  I
got into a slight problem with an Exa that I have, and had to place a small,
folded strip of aluminum in one end of the takeup spool in order to get it
to line up properly. Your problem seems to be just the opposite of mine,
with the film riding too low, so you  might consider seeing if there is a
way to introduce a cardboard "shim" beneath the cartridge and spool in order
to get the film to the correct level.  Once he proper shim is determined, it
should not be hard to cement something in place to provide the proper
spacing.

Good luck.  That should be a great lens.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA