Subject: [Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge'
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Dec 7 21:13:04 2007

Tina Manley offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge'

>>>Yes, and for me, that's not true of most of the "cutting edge" sites I've
seen.  They all seem to either rely on a gimmick or are too

artificial.  I guess I'm just an old grouch.  I want a photograph to
communicate something to me besides "what the heck is that" or "why did they
bother to print that".  Those are the responses I have to

the cutting edge sites and all of the local "art" photography exhibits in
the Charlotte area.  I think the photos sent in by the LUG members are
better than 99% of these cutting edge sites!!  At

least they are true and genuine.  Grump :-(<<<

Hey hey Grumpy lady! :-) love ya girl! :-)

Right on Tina my dear! No need to be grumpy simply because it's a crime to
call this absolute garbage we've seen the past few days or weeks
PHOTOGRAPHY. Let alone cutting edge!

Yes they use the photographic process, plus PhotoShop et all whatever, to
create this crap. But it shouldn't be called "Cutting edge photography!" It
has nothing to do with taking pictures as we know and do it!

It's garbage "so called crap art" at best! Photography? My God, fresh cow
dung has more photo effects to it!

Yep I sound like a grumpy old SOB! But you know what? I don't give a s..t as
I can't imagine we're wasting time with this kind of tripe on the LUG!!
Simply because it isn't photography as we practice it and understand
photography!

Hey if people want to knock themselves out over this, pardon the expression
"Cutting edge photography" aaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkk! Sorry, just a
moment I just puked all over my key board! Get a life and move this garbage
some place else. The local dump! Thank you very kindly!

Ted.. The old fart ! At least I'm a photographer!

("Now you know that's not nice talking like that! You apologize and say yer
sorry!" "Ok I'm sorry! But it's still crap!" I'm just a little old devil
right?)   ;-)

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge')
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Some more 'cutting the edge')